Welcome to The Restaurant Coach Podcast, the cure for the common restaurant.
Leadership in the restaurant industry is not for the faint of heart. It’s a constant battle, a dance with a beast that can either make you a hero or leave you in the dust. And while you’re out there, loving every moment of this wild ride, including the team you often find yourself complaining about, it’s time for some hard truths.
Yes, we all have our moments of fantasizing about drastic measures when the pressure mounts, but did you know your team might be doing the same about you? Behind the dedication and hard work, there are certain… let’s call them “leadership habits,” that your team desperately wishes you’d drop.
🔗 BOOK AT STRATEGY SESSION WITH DONALD
Here’s what you need to know before you become an unwitting star on a milk carton:
- Your Chronic Lateness:
- Nothing screams hypocrisy louder than enforcing rules you casually break. Remember, respect starts with self-respect and punctuality.
- Playing Favorites:
- This isn’t a reality TV show where you need to pick a favorite contestant. In the real world, favoritism only breeds resentment and disrupts team dynamics.
- Banker’s Hours Syndrome:
- Leadership isn’t a 9-5 job. Being visible, especially during peak times, shows commitment and earns you respect. Don’t be the leader who disappears when the going gets tough.
- The Office Hermit:
- If your team suspects you’re more interested in your office’s wall décor than the restaurant’s operations, it’s time to step out. Leadership is about presence, not seclusion.
- Fear of Firing:
- Holding onto underperformers out of fear or indecision doesn’t just hurt your restaurant; it undermines your authority and poisons the team culture.
What This Means for You:
Recognizing these uncomfortable truths is the first step towards becoming the leader your restaurant needs. It’s about more than just avoiding being the topic of disgruntled staff chatter; it’s about embodying the leadership qualities that inspire loyalty, respect, and high performance.
🔗Discover Warrior Restaurants
This episode serves as a wake-up call. Are you ready to make the necessary changes, or will you continue riding the bull, hoping for the best? The choice is yours, but remember, true leadership requires action, accountability, and a willingness to grow.
Subscribe for more straight-shooting advice and transformative strategies.
Book A 1:1 Success Strategy Session to learn about TRC METHOD
Text With Me Directly & Get Tips To Make Your Restaurant Better
Join TRC Vault for FREE!
Grab the Audio Book of Your Restaurant Sucks
Podcast: Play in new window | Download