Episode 92 – Embracing Culture and Diversity with Chef Omar Anani

Welcome to The Restaurant Coach Podcast. It is the cure for the common restaurant. Are you feeling the pressure to find and keep staff? You’re not alone. 80% of restaurants struggle with staffing. So, what do the other 20% do? They create a culture that amplifies the team experience over the guest experience. Now, before you say that is crazy talk…hear me out. Right now in your market there are other restaurants in operation. You all buy from the same vendors or suppliers. You all hire from the same labor pool. So why do 20% thrive and the other 80% struggle? It comes down to culture. I believe in culture SO much that my third book (Your Restaurant Culture Sucks) is focused on the exact steps you must take to create a culture that will allow you to fix the staffing issue so it doesn’t become an issue for you again. Okay, so since we’re talking about culture and change my guest today is the perfect example of both. Omar Anani is a James Beard Finalist for Best Chef in The Great Lakes 2022. He is also a member of my elite private coaching program called The Restaurant Accelerator. Yes, even celebrity chefs need a coach. I just got back from a 4 day site visit where I go to work side-by-side with him and his team at his restaurant called Saffron De Twah in Detroit. We sat down early in the morning to talk about where restaurants are now and some real great ideas to change your culture. Let’s jump into the conversation…

Show Links:

Book A Success Strategy Session

Take the Restaurant Checkup

Restaurant Owner Bootcamp

Get Daily Text Tips To Make Your Restaurant Better

Join The Restaurant Coach Nation

Grab the Audio Books

Join Restaurant Masterminds